Important Dismissal Reminders
Important Dismissal Safety Information and Routines
Please read carefully the procedural information about dismissal. We appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation, and we thank you for understanding that our policy is rooted in our concern for the safety and well-being for your child and all the children.
- Lower School Dismissal is 3:10 p.m. Middle School Dismissal is 3:25 p.m. If you have children in EC/LS with an MS sib, your younger child may wait from 3:10-3:25 in the MPR and you can arrive at 3:25 p.m. to retrieve your children. That way, you need only go through the car line one time.
- We strongly encourage every LS and MS family to use the carline for dismissal. For children in carseats, please place carseats on the passenger’s side, so we may open the rear passenger door and secure your child. Using this procedure, you do not have to leave your car, and children do not have to walk around cars.
- Affix the card with the St. Anne’s School sticker and your family name/car pool name near the driver’s side windshield or to your visor. At dismissal, the caller in the parking lot will walk up to your car and then call your family’s name to the staff in the building. The sticker card is an extra safety method we use for identification.
- Continue moving to the open spot directly behind the car in front of you. We will help buckle your child safely in your vehicle. Please DO NOT leave your car at any time. Please DO NOT pass the car ahead of you unless told to do so by a St. Anne’s School staff member.
- Early Childhood Afternoon Enrichment Program Families may walk up at 3:00 p.m., before dismissal begins:
- We understand that parents of very young children may wish to park and pick up their child. This will work if you “walk-up” and stand near the building (at a spot designated by a safety cone) by 3:00 p.m. An early childhood teacher will walk your child to you between 3:00-3:05, prior to the start of regular dismissal at 3:10. If you arrive to school later than 3:05, please use the carline. We will put your child in your car.
- Lower School Families: Please do not wait on the sidewalk prior to 3:20 p.m.
- If you must park to pick up your child, please know that “walk-ups” will be dismissed after the carline ends (around 3:20 p.m.
- The number of adults on the sidewalk causes great confusion for students attempting to get to their carline dismissal station and presents a possible safety hazard.
- It is the staff’s responsibility to account for every child during the dismissal process and move the carline as quickly as possible to keep the roads safe. Stopping to call “walk ups” slows the dismissal process.
- Please wait in the area designated by the safety cones to keep the sidewalk clear for children being escorted to cars.
- Lower School and AEP Families arriving on the campus parking lot after 3:25p.m. should enter through the middle lane and park in a regular parking spot.
- The middle school line forms at 3:25, and we don’t want you to get “stuck” in that line.
- Do NOT park in the middle lane and leave your car—this is unsafe.
- For clarity, we will post a sign at the top of the drive indicating that LS dismissal is over and that you should proceed to a parking spot. If you don’t see that sign, please get in the Lower School carline.
- Middle School parents arriving on the campus parking lot BEFORE 3:25 will form a line nearest the sidewalks at the entrance of school and wait, so that Lower School parents may form a line in the drive around them and proceed to the circle.
- Please do not come to the main hall to retrieve your child at the end of the day. The teachers are responsible for accounting for all children, and adults other than teaching staff calling to or retrieving children can increase confusion and interfere with our safety protocol.
« Back to Index