- 8:15 a.m. to 3:10 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Extended Care is available before school from 7:15 a.m. and after school until 6:00 p.m.
- Students may enhance their learning experience through Special Programs
Building upon our mission of intellectual, social, emotional, physical and spiritual development, the St. Anne’s School Second Grade Program continues with curricula influenced by the Project Approach in a workshop setting.
Core subjects are organized into workshops where individuals practice hands-on involvement with material in an active and creative setting. The school’s social curriculum is interwoven into all activities and is designed to build a variety of skills to promote a sense of inclusion, belonging and comfort. With the teacher serving as the facilitator, Second Grade students are guided and encouraged to become fully involved in the learning process.
Students will learn techniques to:
- Appropriately manage new situations and transitions
- Recognize their own feelings and manage them appropriately
- Practice active listening skills
- Demonstrate self-direction and independence
- Recognize the feelings of others and respond appropriately
- Participate in the group life of the class
- Regularly use skills to identify problems and take steps to constructively resolve conflicts
- Learn and follow classroom guidelines
- Respect and care for the classroom environment and materials
- Manage their personal clothing and belongings
- Persistently work on tasks to completion
A typical day in Second Grade includes:
- Morning Meeting: a special time where children and teachers greet one another and discuss the upcoming day’s events
- Instruction: Readers Workshop, Writers Workshop, Research Workshop, and Math Workshop, along with Science, Spanish, Art, Music, and Physical Education
- Buddy Classes: a unique program where Second Grade students spend time and bond with older students
- Closing Circle: a time where children may report or reflect upon the day’s learning