- 9:00 a.m. to noon
- Three- or five-day week options
- Extended Care is available before school from 8:00 a.m. and after school until 6:00 p.m.
For many children, Preschool is the first step in their educational journey. Our classroom program is carefully designed to help each child to feel safe and cared for in this new school setting.
From the organization of our day to the special touches we use to help each child feel known and included, our Preschool teachers and assistant teachers provide the nurturing setting that is the foundation for sound academic learning for the children and thoughtful communication with families. Our youngest learners are strengthened by this foundation and embrace new routines, experiences and academic challenges.
A typical day includes:
- Outside play
- Morning Meeting: a special time where children and teachers greet one another and discuss the upcoming day’s events
- Interest Areas: pursuit of individual student’s interests through teacher-facilitated activities that promote cognitive learning; personal growth and development; social learning; language and literacy learning; and gross/fine motor development
- Specialty Classes: weekly visits to the Media Center, weekly instruction in Music and Movement, and our unique Buddy Classes
- Closing Circle: a time where children may report or reflect upon the day’s learning